iTunes – LISTEN HERE
Stitcher – LISTEN HERE
Welcome to another episode of the Mind of a Millionaire podcast, where we study the habits, routines, and choices of Millionaires. This week, Zak is making a PSA regarding the recent data hack at Capital One and discussing how you can protect yourself against identity theft.
Zak also discusses our identity theft checklist and what you should do if your identity is stolen. All financial checklists are available on our website.
Recent Capital One data breach [0:24]
Credit monitoring service [1:30]
If you haven’t checked recently, take a look at your credit score and monitor your accounts [4:05]
- File a report with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
- Contact the United States Social Security Administration (SSA).
- Get your pin from the IRS for tax filings.
- Close all credit and debit cards.
- Put a fraud alert on your credit report.
- Sign up for a credit monitoring service.
- Change your internet passwords.
- Open new financial accounts and credit cards.
Thank you for tuning in to another episode of the Mind of a Millionaire podcast. If you have any questions regarding identity theft, please reach out and we would be happy to get them answered.
The opinions voiced in this material are for general information only and are not intended to provide specific advice or recommendations for any individual.
This information is not intended to be a substitute for individualized tax or legal advice. We suggest that you discuss your specific situation with your tax or legal advisor.